Who is David Datro Fofana? ‘Dream’ Chelsea transfer imminent for striker who idolises Didier Drogba
Chelsea are reportedly set to sign Molde forward David Datro Fofana.
The Blues have hugely increased the investment in their academy team since the Boehly-Clearlake Capital takeover in the summer, spending over £30million on the likes of Cesare Casadei and Carney Chukwuemeka.
Billed as ‘Vision 2030’, the strategy is to create a teenage side below the first team to plug gaps when needed, with the view of a long-term succession plan at Stamford Bridge.
Fofana, who made his senior international debut for the Ivory Coast at the age of just 16, moved to Norwegian outfit Molde last year from Ivorian club AFAD, based in the economic capital and largest city Abidjan.
In 65 appearances for Molde, the teenager has scored 24 goals and registered a further 10 assists, winning both the domestic League and cup during his time there.
Fofana has previously spoken of his admiration of Chelsea, citing legendary compatriot and Blues icon Didier Drogba as an inspiration in his own career.
David Datro Fofana is said to be on the verge of completing a “dream” transfer to Chelsea
“Chelsea have been my favourite club since I was little,” he said previously, speaking to Norwegian outlet TV2. “Drogba played there, so they have always been my club. So it’s my dream.”
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’