Following the conclusion of his acquisition of Chelsea FC, Todd Boehly has detailed his intentions for the side.
Last week, the English Premier League and UK government issued the successful bidders’ purchase clearance. On Monday, the group led by LA Dodgers co-owner Boehly and investment firm Clearlake Capital completed its purchase of Chelsea on Monday.
Boehly reinforced his intention to investing in both the men’s and women’s teams, as well as redeveloping their respective stadiums, when the transaction was announced.
“We are honoured to become the new custodians of Chelsea Football Club. We’re all in – 100% – every minute of every match. Our vision as owners is clear: we want to make the fans proud. Along with our commitment to developing the youth squad and acquiring the best talent, our plan of action is to invest in the club for the long-term and build on Chelsea’s remarkable history of success.
“I personally want to thank ministers and officials in the British government, and the Premier League, for all their work in making this happen
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension