Chelsea have won their first game of pre-season after they claimed a 2-1 victory against Club America.
Kai Havertz had a great chance to open the scoring on the verge of the half-hour mark but he sent his effort over the crossbar whilst through on goal.
His fellow German Timo Werner opened the scoring in the early stages of the second half though, firing in at the second time of asking from a Reece James cross.
Although Club America equalised through a Reece James own goal, Mason Mount fired in a wonderful strike to give Chelsea the lead once again, and subsequently the win.
Twice was the charm!
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension