Raheem Sterling set to undergo Chelsea Medical
Raheem Sterling will reportedly get his medical in London after agreeing to a £47.5 million agreement to join Chelsea and Manchester City this summer.
In 2015, Sterling relocated to City from Liverpool for a then-record fee of £44 million. Since then, he has participated in 339 games, scored 131 goals, and helped the Cityzens win the Premier League four times.
The Atheltic claims that Chelsea and City have reached an agreement on a fee of £47.5 million for the winger, and that Sterling has already agreed to a five-year contract with an additional year’s option.
According to Fabrizio Romano, Sterling’s medical appointment has been scheduled for London. The attacker will finish moving back to the capital after the procedures are done and travel to America to join Chelsea’s pre-season.
Thomas Tuchel is reluctant to move for Ronaldo
The belief is that Thomas Tuchel is hesitant to make a move for Cristiano Ronaldo for fear of upsetting the dressing room.
The Chelsea manager is hoping to add a false nine, much to how Roberto Firmino used to play for Liverpool in the center of Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah. He intends to put Raheem Sterling, Kai Havertz, and Raphinha on the flanks on either side of a flexible center attacker, according to The Mail.
And while Ronaldo is appealing to Todd Boehly, the new owner of the Blues, due to his sponsorship appeal and overall marketability, it will ultimately be Tuchel who makes the additions for the upcoming season
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension