Transfer News: Chelsea Set To Complete Signing Of Two Defenders, Sterling Keen On Chelsea Move
According to sources, Chelsea is nearing agreements with two central defenders as they seek to complete the first acquisitions of the Todd Boehly era.
The Blues are close to signing contracts with both Nathan Ake and Matthijs de Ligt, according to The Evening Standard via The Independent, as Thomas Tuchel attempts to strengthen his team in front of the forthcoming season.
The two Dutch internationals might take the place of Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen, who were both lost to Tuchel at the end of the season.
According to the source, negotiations for a deal involving Ake are “further advanced” than those involving his teammate from the Netherlands, but both players may theoretically join the club in the next few days or weeks.
Sterling excited for Chelsea Move
Today’s edition of The Independent claims that Chelsea will sign Sterling in time for him to travel with the rest of the team on Saturday to the United States.
According to the source, Sterling is happy with the terms given and is looking forward to returning to London with the team. The cost is £45 million plus a further £10 million.
As Chelsea’s first acquisition under the new owners, it will make a respectable impression
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’