According to sources, Chelsea is nearing agreements with two central defenders as they seek to complete the first acquisitions of the Todd Boehly era.
The Blues are close to signing contracts with both Nathan Ake and Matthijs de Ligt, according to The Evening Standard via The Independent, as Thomas Tuchel attempts to strengthen his team in front of the forthcoming season.
The two Dutch internationals might take the place of Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen, who were both lost to Tuchel at the end of the season.
According to the source, negotiations for a deal involving Ake are “further advanced” than those involving his teammate from the Netherlands, but both players may theoretically join the club in the next few days or weeks.
Sterling excited for Chelsea Move
Today’s edition of The Independent claims that Chelsea will sign Sterling in time for him to travel with the rest of the team on Saturday to the United States.
According to the source, Sterling is happy with the terms given and is looking forward to returning to London with the team. The cost is £45 million plus a further £10 million.
As Chelsea’s first acquisition under the new owners, it will make a respectable impression
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension