Three ready to sign up for another year as Chelsea’s main sponsor after change in ownership
Chelsea will be renewing their sponsorship deal with Three after all, a club source has revealed.
The telecoms company pushed to have their branding removed from Chelsea’s shirts early in the Spring, when Roman Abramovich was sanctioned by the UK government.
There were strong rumours at the time that the club would have to play without the Three logo on their shirts, but things soon calmed down, and talk of blank kits disappeared pretty quickly once it was announced that Abramovich was selling the club.
There had been doubt about the deal continuing after Three’s attempt to break off, even with Roman Abramovich gone. It hasn’t yet been clear which way Todd Boehly will go with these things, and a US based sponsor might have been expected.
The source could only confirm a further year of the association, after which Boehly may consider his options – and may think he can get a better offer, especially if next year is a successful one
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’