Chelsea failed to get a win against their fellow London side Brentford as the Bees thrashed the Blues 4-1 at the Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
The Blues took the lead through a wonderous strike from Antonio Rudiger but goals from Vitaly Janelt, Christian Eriksen and Yoane Wissa gave the visitors the deserved win over the Blues.
After the game, Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel reacted to his team’s loss against Thomas Frank’s side.
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel speaking to BBC Sport: “Nobody saw it coming, especially after going 1-0 ahead. It was very untypical of us. But we stopped defending. We were not aware of enough of the danger, were sloppy with the defending and got punished.
“They made the most of it in those 10 minutes. Right after their third goal we had 10 minutes where we had big, big chances and we missed them. They were lucky and clinical enough to get three goals. We did not defend like it is needed to in the Premier League and got punished.”
“The start was not a surprise because we came from all over the world from national duty so I expected it to take time. The first 25 minutes we looked a bit leggy and needed to find rhythm. The opponent defended deep with 10 men behind the ball so you need a shot or action to open the game, which we did. Then we gave the game away very cheaply.”
On how this affects preparations for Real Madrid in midweek: “It is not about Real Madrid. It is about us. It is one day off now and on Monday we start again.
- Chelsea’s next 5 EPL matches including a home match against Arsenal
- CHE 0-1 NOF: Caicedo’s Performance In Today’s Game Showed Why Chelsea Were Wrong To Sign Him
- Crucial Talks: Juventus Demands €40m for Vlahović in Lukaku Swap, Chelsea’s Decision Lies with Pochettino
- Chelsea’s Transfer Pursuit Intensifies: Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Emerges as Prime Winger Target
- Chelsea’s Pursuit of Tyler Adams can Bolstering the Squad for a Successful Season