Ronaldo To Chelsea: Chelsea New Owner Meets Ronaldo’s Agent Over Possibility Of A Move To Chelsea
Less than a month after Todd Boehly purchased Chelsea from long-time owner, Roman Abramovich, the American entrepreneur is set to pull off one of the biggest transfer business in recent years.
It has been reported by The Athletic that Todd Boehly met with Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes in Portugal last week and part of what was discussed was a possible transfer of Ronaldo from Manchester United to Chelsea.
It is still unclear at this stage whether Chelsea would want to pursue the opportunity of signing Ronaldo but, the Portuguese has just 12 months remaining on the two-year deal he signed on rejoining Manchester United last year.
Ronaldo holds Manchester United in high regards and he may want to remain in the club until next summer while exploring new challenges under new coach, Erik Ten Hag.
Cristiano Ronaldo finished last season scoring 24 goals across all competitions for Manchester United but, it was not enough to guide them into the champions league tournament for next season.
Although Ronaldo is still committed to the club, there’s no denying the fact that he may be tempted to leave if Manchester United fail to get busy in the summer transfer window.
What do you have to say about this? Do you think Ronaldo will join Chelsea? Feel free to share your views with us.
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’