The winger was one of the most in demand attacking players in Europe this season after an exceptional campaign in the Bundesliga, putting up some amazing numbers.
But Leipzig have been able to persuade him he’s best suited by staying put and playing in that positive environment for at least one more year. The new deal has a €60m release clause in it which is active from next year.
Official and confirmed. Christopher Nkunku extends his contract with RB Leipzig until June 2026, deal now signed and sealed. 🚨🔒 #Leipzig
There’s a release clause included in the new deal for €60m. pic.twitter.com/mjZMyrs85s
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 23, 2022
That allows him an easy escape route in a year’s time, but also guarantees Leipzig a tidy fee if he does go. That clause could yet climb higher if Nkunku does well over the next 12 months, and there will be no shortage of clubs with their eyes on his development.
It all but rules out a move this summer however, meaning Chelsea must go back to the drawing board in their hunt for new attacking talent.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension