Chelsea FC had to loan out its record-signing striker, Romelu Lukaku, back to Inter Milan after he purportedly failed to replicate his good goal-scoring form with the West London club throughout the 2021/22 Premier League season.
However, Kai Havertz, stepping up to fill his vacuum, is being ‘faced’ with the same challenge (goal drought) Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner encountered in the club.
While one would want to blame Kai Havertz for being sloppy, like Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner received, an Opta Joe report has shown that the twenty-three (23) years old German attacking midfielder has been making efforts but hasn’t been getting the passes that he needs to score goals.
Opta Joe report said, “Kai Havertz has made the most off-ball runs of any player in the Premier League this (2022/23) season (114), as well the most off-ball runs into the penalty area (37).”
Therefore, following this revelation by Opta Joe, Chelsea FC supporters, as represented in the screenshots below, singled out Mason Mount to blame for these fruitless runs by Kai Havertz, asserting that the England international doesn’t feed Kai Havertz with the ball enough.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension