The Blues beat Crystal Palace 2-0 in the FA Cup semi-final, setting up a final with Liverpool next month. Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Mason Mount netted for Chelsea.
Loftus-Cheek, who replaced the injured Mateo Kovacic halfway through the first half, pounced onto a loose ball in the area, and his ferocious shot was helped by Joachim Andersen on its way to the net 20 minutes later.
Mount put the game out of reach. He exchanged a one-two with Timo Werner on the edge of the Palace area 14 minutes from time before waltzing into goal and slotting home.
Palace will be disappointed that two headed opportunities from corners Cheikhou Kouyate and Joachim Anderson, before and after the Chelsea goals, failed to find the target.
One man was outstanding in today’s win for Thomas Tuchel’s men
Germany & Chelsea forward, Timo Werner was named the Emirates man of the match after his brilliant performance against Crystal Palace today, he played a crucial role in Chelsea’s win today.
- Chelsea’s next 5 EPL matches including a home match against Arsenal
- CHE 0-1 NOF: Caicedo’s Performance In Today’s Game Showed Why Chelsea Were Wrong To Sign Him
- Crucial Talks: Juventus Demands €40m for Vlahović in Lukaku Swap, Chelsea’s Decision Lies with Pochettino
- Chelsea’s Transfer Pursuit Intensifies: Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Emerges as Prime Winger Target
- Chelsea’s Pursuit of Tyler Adams can Bolstering the Squad for a Successful Season