Chelsea midfielder has officially departed the club after just one year of joining. Tuchel needed more options in the midfield at the beginning of last season. This prompted the decision to bring Saul Niguez from Atletico Madrid.
The experienced Spanish midfielder was meant to help the team but looking back over his performances, he did not have much impact in the club. Chelsea loaned him from Atletico with an option to buy for €30m after the loan expires. His journey has however came to an end with the blues as they refused to trigger the buy option.
Saul could not easily adapt to English football. It was not until December his performances improved. Still, He started just 6 games for Chelsea. The 26-year-old has now penned down his goodbye message on Twitter. He thanked the fans, his teammates and the club workers. Here is his full message. “Thanks to all the fans for supporting me through thick and thin. I will be forever grateful. Thanks to all the staff for making it possible for me to win titles with the blue shirt”
- Chelsea’s next 5 EPL matches including a home match against Arsenal
- CHE 0-1 NOF: Caicedo’s Performance In Today’s Game Showed Why Chelsea Were Wrong To Sign Him
- Crucial Talks: Juventus Demands €40m for Vlahović in Lukaku Swap, Chelsea’s Decision Lies with Pochettino
- Chelsea’s Transfer Pursuit Intensifies: Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Emerges as Prime Winger Target
- Chelsea’s Pursuit of Tyler Adams can Bolstering the Squad for a Successful Season