So far, the 2022/23 football season has been a massive disaster for Chelsea football club who find themselves on 10th position on the English Premier League table, level on points with Aston Villa who have scored more goals than the blues this season.
Since the turn of the year, Chelsea have failed to win more than 1 match and are currently on the worst ever run in the club’s recent history.
After losing to Tottenham Hotspur yesterday, immense pressure is on manager Graham Potter. The former Brighton boss has failed to show signs that he’s capable of turning things around at the club despite spending over £300m in January.
The fans have been calling for him to be sacked but the owners are choosing to stand by him, give him a little bit of time to try and solve the problems at the club.
Despite this support, time is running out for Potter. The next 5 matches are going to be very crucial for his future and in defining Chelsea’s season.
Next 5 Matches
Chelsea will host Leeds on Saturday in a must-win match. Anything less than 3 points could see Potter get sacked before the crucial UCL game.
Another home game for the blues. This would arguably be the most important match of their season. After losing the first leg by a lone goal, every Chelsea fan will expect a comeback in the second leg at home.
The next three matches are all the in EPL. These are matches you’d expect Chelsea to win on paper. Graham Potter has a great chance to turn his situation around in these 5 matches. Just win the next two, relieve the pressure, then grind out 3 wins from the next three and all of a sudden, the season can look salvageable.
- Chelsea’s next 5 EPL matches including a home match against Arsenal
- CHE 0-1 NOF: Caicedo’s Performance In Today’s Game Showed Why Chelsea Were Wrong To Sign Him
- Crucial Talks: Juventus Demands €40m for Vlahović in Lukaku Swap, Chelsea’s Decision Lies with Pochettino
- Chelsea’s Transfer Pursuit Intensifies: Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Emerges as Prime Winger Target
- Chelsea’s Pursuit of Tyler Adams can Bolstering the Squad for a Successful Season