NAPOLI star Kalidou Koulibaly has arrived in London to complete his medical ahead of his £34million move to Stamford Bridge.
Koulibaly is set to become the Blues’ second signing of the summer after Raheem Sterling, who arrived from Manchester City for £50m.
The centre-back flew out with his agent Fali Ramadani from Milan’s Linate Airport in a private jet and landed in London on Wednesday evening.
The Senegal international is expected to have his medical today before penning a five-year contract, with the option of a further year, that will see him earn £300,000 per week.
If everything goes well, the 31-year-old will then have to complete his paperwork before flying out to the US and link up with his new team-mates for pre-season.
A decision will have to be made on whether the Senegalese star meets Thomas Tuchel and the rest of the squad in Los Angeles or Las Vegas.
Koulibaly could feature in his first game for the West Londoners in Vegas on Saturday when they take on Club America.
The ex-Genk star comes in to add quality to Chelsea’s depleted defence after Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen’s departure to Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively.
Captain Cesar Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso could also be departing this summer.
Tuchel’s side also remains linked with Sevilla’s Jules Kounde and Paris Saint-Germain’s Presnel Kimpembe.
Koulibaly joined Napoli from Genk in 2014 and quickly established himself as a key figure at the back.
The defender amassed a total of 14 goals and eight assists in 317 matches across all competitions with the Partenopei
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension