When we talk about the best goalkeepers in the European and World football at the moment, two names stand out among the rest: Thibaut Courtois and Edouard Mendy.
Thibaut Courtois for Real Madrid has been unbelievable. His impact in games has been one of the main reasons why they are sitting top of the La Liga standings and are very close to being confirmed Champions of Spain.
Edouard Mendy’s time at Chelsea has been unbelievable. From being unknown to most people in the world of football, the Senegalese has proven himself worthy of all the hype and plaudits he’s currently receiving.
Courtois Vs Mendy
Tomorrow night we would get the chance to see who is better between these two goalkeepers when Chelsea host Real Madrid in the first leg of the Uefa Champions League quarterfinal at Stamford Bridge.
But before then, when it comes to who has been the better goalkeeper this season, I think the answer is pretty simple.
Last season Edouard Mendy was definitely the best goalkeeper in the world. None one was on his level. Not Thibaut Courtois or even Gianluigi Donnarumma who won the 2021 Lev Yashin Award ahead of him.
This season though, Thibaut Courtois has been better than Mendy. He is the only reason Real Madrid are winning the league title and are still in the Champions League.
I’m not saying Mendy hasn’t been instrumental for Chelsea this season too, but what made Mendy better than every single goalkeeper in the world last season is what makes Courtois currently better than him.
What do you think? Please leave a comment
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension