Loftus-Cheek put the game to bed in the 65th minute with a wonderful strike that took a tiny deflection, before Mount put the game to bed 10 minutes later following a neat team move.
Then, Werner intercepted a crossfield pass and delivered a superb ball to the England international’s foot, who slid the ball into the far corner to send Chelsea to Wembley next month.
Werner scored two goals against Southampton in the Premier League in April, scored and assisted against Real Madrid in the Champions League last week, and was strongly engaged against Palace in the semi-final.
He even won Man of the Match for his performance at Wembley, and Mount was ecstatic for his team-mate, even if he did make the Chelsea bench laugh.
Mount said after the game, “He got me a little assist!” when asked about Werner’s performance.
He could have had another [for Romelu Lukaku] and possibly a few more goals.
He’s fantastic, and he’s performed admirably in the last few games.
You can see in the second half, he had an opportunity that he missed. Jorgi [Jorginho] and I were laughing on the bench, and he sprinted all the way back to the halfway line to get the ball back!
That demonstrates his character and the value he gives to the team.
“It’s a game we utilized to bounce back,” Mount continued, referring to the whole performance and Loftus-contribution. Cheek’s It was a really difficult game. We had a rough time since they made it so difficult for us. They have some of the best players in the league. It wasn’t a simple task. We demonstrated character in the manner in which we handled it.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension