The creative exploits put forth by Chelsea star Mason Mount during the club’s latest outing on Saturday have since given rise to an altogether impressive statistic.
Thomas Tuchel’s troops are of course currently locked in action.
Amid ongoing efforts to add to the club’s trophy haul under the watch of their beloved German tactician, Chelsea have made the trip to the Riverside Stadium, eyeing a spot in the semi-finals of the FA Cup at the expense of giant-killing Middlesbrough.
And, as things stand midway through the 2nd-half on Saturday evening, a place in the competition’s final four is precisely what the Pensioners appear to be headed towards.
This comes with Chelsea leading ‘Boro by two goals to nil, owing to strikes on the part of Romelu Lukaku and Hakim Ziyech.
As alluded to above, though, it is the name of another member of Tuchel’s ranks which has, in fact, taken its place centre stage in the headlines at the Riverside thus far.
The player in question? Mason Mount.
Amid a scintillating display across the opening 45 minutes of action this evening, Mount saw his endeavours in the attacking third rewarded by means of not one, but two assists.
And, in the process, the English international reached an altogether noteworthy milestone, having now directly contributed to exactly 50 goals in Chelsea’s colours, split perfectly between goals and assists
50 – Following his two assists against Middlesbrough (at 2-0), Mason Mount has been directly involved in 50 goals for Chelsea across all competitions, scoring 25 and assisting a further 25. Spotlight.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension