Jimmy Floyd blasts Chelsea Players for unacceptable displays against Arsenal
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink insists three Chelsea players let their team down against Arsenal as he took aim at Romelu Lukaku’s performance.
Chelsea suffered a 4-2 defeat at home to Arsenal this evening as the Gunners ended a run of three successive league defeats.
With injuries in the backline, Andreas Christensen and Malang Sarr were handed rare starts while Kai Havertz was rested up top to allow Lukaku a chance to lead the line.
However, Christensen was at fault for Eddie Nketiah’s opener after a poor back pass and Lukaku failed to make an impact.
‘It was a really bad performance, really, really bad,’ former Chelsea striker Hasselbaink said.
‘Certain players are getting an opportunity, Lukaku, Sarr, Christensen…
‘Going back to Lukaku, he doesn’t do enough. If you want to be the man you need to run around, you need to try to show that you are bothered.
‘You need to want to suffer, he doesn’t run around, he doesn’t go into gaps, he doesn’t demand the ball off his players, he doesn’t go into space.
‘They are very static and if you’re going to have that, if players are going to play like that you have no chance.
‘They play against a motivated Arsenal team who have lost three matches in a row who have something to prove, you need to go over the top of them, show some passion.
‘There was no passion from Lukaku, and Sarr and Christensen they cannot make those kind of mistakes in these kind of matches.’
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’