Thomas Tuchel recently claimed that Chelsea will undergo a Squad rebuild instead of squad upgrade in the summer.
Apart from the fact that most of the Attackers in the Squad have struggled for consistency this season, the massive departure is another reason why Chelsea will be busy in the summer recruiting new Players.
The Club Will try to Sign more than 2 Defenders to replace Antonio Rudiger, Andreas Christensen, Marcos Alonso and Cesar Azpilicueta while some Academy graduates who were sent on loan last summer are also expected to join the first team next season.
It’s not just these Defenders that could leave Chelsea next summer as there could be some First team Players that could seek for exit.
Players like Callum Hudson-Odoi, Ross Barkley, Saul Niguez, Kepa Arrizabalaga and Ruben Loftus-Cheek who didn’t get much playing time might also leave.
If all or some of these Players, it’s not just their position in the Squad that will be vacant, their jersey numbers will also be free.
Kepa Arrizabalaga – Number 1
Antonio Rudiger – Number 2
Marcos Alonso – Number 3
Andreas Christensen – Number 4
Christian Pulisic – Number 10
Ruben Loftus-Cheek – Number 12
Saul Niguez – Number 17
Ross Barkley – Number 18
Callum Hudson-Odoi – Number 20
Cesar Azpilicueta – Number 28
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension