I Had To Apologies To Sir Alex, I Couldn’t Turn Down Chelsea For Man United – Ex Chelsea Player Mikel Obi
Former Chelsea star, Mikel Obi has continued to shed light on his playing time, and this time, he revisited how he turned down Man United for Chelsea in 2004.
The former Super Eagle in an interview noted that it was a very tough moment for him to ditch Man United for Chelsea after putting pen to paper at Man United, but he was happy to have switched to Chelsea from Man United.
He noted that he had to apologize to Sir Alex Ferguson, the then manager of Man United.
In his words, Mikel Obi stated;
“I’ll never forget that second meeting with Sir Alex. I’d signed a deal at United but had to tell him: ‘Sorry, I want to play for Chelsea and my god am I happy I did. It was the best time of my life.”
Let’s have your thoughts on the words of Mikel via the comment section.
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’