Chelsea is currently needing more defensive options as their backline could be left almost empty due to the departure of Rudiger and Christensen and the potential exit of Marcos Alonso and Cesar Azpilicueta. Even as Silva and Sarr are left, the pair might not be able to influence the defense alone as next season might be a more busy one for Chelsea.
Nevertheless, the club is also preparing for a season without the outgoing players as it has already started shopping for defenders. Sources have it that Matthijs de Ligt and Jules Kounde have been approached by the club and could join the team if the right offers are made. So if the two defenders are signed, below is how Chelsea could lineup with them next season.
Edouard Mendy has not been at his best in the just-concluded campaign, and because of that, Kepa should stand in as the first-choice goalkeeper.
This is the main part. Ben Chilwell, who has recovered, will take his place as the left wing-back. Silva and Jules Kounde will be at the center alongside de Ligt. Reece James will also sit in his normal right-wing-back position.
A two-man defensive midfield works better for the team, and as usual, Kante and Jorginho should be used.
Tuchel must go with an attacking line that consists of Werner, Havertz, and Mount to be assured of goals. Lukaku, Ziyech, and Pulisic can be rested and used further on.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension