‘He’s done really well’: Trevoh Chalobah seriously impressed by one Chelsea player at the World Cup
Trevoh Chalobah has clearly loved watching Chelsea teammate Hakim Ziyech perform at the World Cup.
Speaking to Sky Sports, Chalobah confessed feelings of admiration towards the Moroccan international and his journey in Qatar.
Ziyech’s sparkling adventure in the competition will come to an end on Saturday.
He and his compatriots will face Croatia in the third-place playoff tie, having narrowly missed out on a place in the final.
Morocco managed a magical, and somewhat miraculous, run to the semi-final, largely owed to a dominant defence.
They defeated Belgium, Spain and Portugal on route to the meeting with the reigning champions in the week.
France proved to be a step too far for the African side, with Didier Deschamps’ men claiming a 2-0 victory.
But Morocco were the real winners in many people’s eyes, having defied the odds repeatedly on the grandest footballing platform.
Trevoh Chalobah compliments Hakim Ziyech
Walid Regragui’s team combined a sprinkling of star dust with pure grit and determination.
Ziyech certainly provided the Atlas Lions with some ingenuity and Hollywood dazzle.
The 29-year-old went about rewriting his script that has been torn up since moving to Chelsea in 2020.
He has enjoyed a wonderful World Cup, and could still top it off with a bronze medal.
“He’s done really well, played a lot of games and showed his consistent level,” said Chalobah on his co-worker’s contribution to Morocco’s marvellous achievement.
Graham Potter will hope Ziyech can reproduce his form at the global event on the domestic stage.
Chelsea need all of their players firing at full capacity when club action resumes on the 27th of December.
A Premier League meeting with Bournemouth awaits, potentially a perfect place for Potter’s side to reignite their season
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’