Hakim Ziyech remains the Premier League’s most in form player
One underrated aspect of Chelsea’s loss to Liverpool on penalties was the absence of Hakim Ziyech.
All the focus was on Romelu Lukaku being left out, and Kai Havertz leading the line instead. The fact that our in form winger was out of the squad entirely wasn’t given enough thought, especially when we reached the end of 120 minutes and hadn’t been able to find the bit of magic that would have won us the cup.
The more we think about it, the more we realise it was a huge blow. A glance at the Sky Sports power rankings – their list of the most in form players in the league – reveals that the Moroccan is still the most in form player in the English top flight thanks to his 3 goals in 3 games.
We will never know if he might have made a difference at the weekend – but we suspect he could have caused Jurgen Klopp’s team some difficulties.
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’