Thomas Tuchel believes Cesar Azpilicueta‘s contract renewal for an extra year at Stamford Bridge is already done and dusted.
While Chelsea‘s change of ownership remains in limbo, Azpilicueta has fulfilled the number of games due for an automatic contract renewal, but his verbal agreement over being able to decide his future was with the Roman Abramovich administration.
The Spaniard, amid the uncertainty, is waiting to know if they will keep their promise but head coach Tuchel believes that his captain has triggered the clause that will see him remain for another year.
“It’s good news for us,” Tuchel said of Azplicueta playing the number of games stipulated for his contract renewal in a press conference.
I knew it was going to happen because I knew the amount of games when it was going to happen.
“We have a contract, he’s our captain, so there’s a very high probability that he will stay
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension