The Blues are planning an overhaul this summer following a good number of exits confirmed in their starting star-studded lineup that finished third in the premier league last season.
Apart from the good number of established players who are already expected to join the West London club, the club is seemingly having one eye on how their future will look after their current squad has faded off.
As a result, Tuchel is already tracking 18-year-old shotstopper who will be Mendy’s replacement in the coming years.
The Blues have received a huge boost in their pursuit of 18-year-old American shotstopper Gabriel Slomanina who plays for major soccer league outfit Chicago Fires.
The Blues have always placed the gem in the frame since February but could not complete the move due to the sanctions that were imposed on them by the UK government.
It is also reported that despite the fact that the London based club are standing at a pole position to sign the striker, Real Madrid have been on their neck in the race.
But according to Fabrizio Romano as reported by Sportdias, the gem will be signed by Chelsea but will still remain at his current club on loan to further his development.
It is also reported by the news outlet that Gabriel Slomanina had reportedly turned down contract offers from Real Madrid with main aim to join Chelsea.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension