BARCELONA star Frenkie de Jong doesn’t want to join Manchester United and would prefer Chelsea, reports suggest.
United recently reached a £71.5million agreement with Barca to sign De Jong, 25, but issues arose over £17m he’s owed by the Catalan giants
London is also viewed as a “very attractive city” to move to with his fiancee Mikky Kiemeney.
According to Sport, the midfielder is also not keen to move to Old Trafford this summer as he reportedly has serious concerns over the “erratic” way in which the club is being run.
The Netherlands international is not thrilled with the idea of moving to Manchester nor the fact he will have no Champions League football this coming season as well.
That is why the Dutchman reportedly prefers a move to Chelsea this summer.
The 25-year-old is “not closed” to the idea of signing with the Blues but appreciates the “project” and “structure” that new owner Todd Boehly is building
Bayern Munich pose as an intriguing destination as well after his Netherlands team-mate and close friend Matthijs de Ligt’s transfer from Juventus.
De Jong appears keen to stay at Barcelona but the club need to move him in order to balance the wage structure.
The Blaugrana are still dealing with financial woes and need to register new signings Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha, Franck Kessie and Andreas Christensen with LaLiga
United manager Erik ten Hag coached De Jong during their time together at Ajax and hinted he is his top target.
Ten Hag needs reinforcement in midfield after Paul Pogba and Nemanja Matic’s departure
- Chelsea’s next 5 EPL matches including a home match against Arsenal
- CHE 0-1 NOF: Caicedo’s Performance In Today’s Game Showed Why Chelsea Were Wrong To Sign Him
- Crucial Talks: Juventus Demands €40m for Vlahović in Lukaku Swap, Chelsea’s Decision Lies with Pochettino
- Chelsea’s Transfer Pursuit Intensifies: Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Emerges as Prime Winger Target
- Chelsea’s Pursuit of Tyler Adams can Bolstering the Squad for a Successful Season