Finally Todd Boehly visits their Cobham training ground to meet with managers Thomas Tuchel and Emma Hayes for the first time
Thomas Tuchel and Emma Hayes both met soon-to-be new Chelsea owner Todd Boehly and both meetings were positive, according to reports.
Both managers had yet to meet the American billionaire as his consortium closed in on the takeover to buy Chelsea in a deal worth £4.25 billion.
Boehly has attended both Men’s and Women’s games at Stamford Bridge and Kingsmeadow but hadn’t met the people in charge of those sides.
Hayes revealed to reporters about her meeting with Boehly and delivered a glowing verdict, offering reassurance to any individual who may have any concerns over the imminent takeover
Todd Boehly met with Thomas Tuchel and the men’s squad yesterday at Cobham.
Today, he met with @ChelseaFCW Manager Emma Hayes and her staff and players, along with Head of Youth Development Neil Bath here at the club’s training ground.
She said: “I had lunch with Todd. He watched the girls train, had a really lovely couple of hours with him. (He was) delightful, really passionate, he’s just a normal down to earth guy, really passionate about Chelsea, loves Chelsea.
“He’s as ambitious as we are and it is a perfect fit. I saw him at one of the games he went to at Stamford Bridge but he was upstairs and I was downstairs!”
Both teams play at Wembley this weekend, the Men’s on Saturday and Women on Sunday, in their respective FA Cup finals, which Boehly will likely be in attendance for as he watches on in the hope of glory.
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’