Graham Potter’s Chelsea opened the new year in the English Premier League with a disappointing 1-1 draw with Nottingham Forest at the City Ground.
The Blues held a 1-0 lead over Nottingham Forest at the break in their Premier League match at the City Ground.
Raheem Sterling was in the right place at the right time to convert on the rebound to put the Blues ahead after Willy Boly flicked Christian Pulisic’s cross onto the crossbar.
Forest had a couple of chances on the break, but Brennan Johnson was denied twice by Kepa Arrizabalaga. The game remained in the balance, but the West Londoners fairly comfortable at the back.
But Steve Cooper’s side got back on level terms in the second half after Gibbs White corner kick was knocked into the path of Serge Aurier by Willy Boly, The Ivorian defender took the chance with a right footed strike to make it 1-1.
Up next for the London based outfit is a big match against Pep Guardiola’s City at Stamford Bridge while Forest travel away to the St Mary’s to face Ralph Hasenhüttl’s Southampton.
See the Final PL Table After Today’s games after Chelsea & Tottenham dropped points today;
- Chelsea’s next 5 EPL matches including a home match against Arsenal
- CHE 0-1 NOF: Caicedo’s Performance In Today’s Game Showed Why Chelsea Were Wrong To Sign Him
- Crucial Talks: Juventus Demands €40m for Vlahović in Lukaku Swap, Chelsea’s Decision Lies with Pochettino
- Chelsea’s Transfer Pursuit Intensifies: Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Emerges as Prime Winger Target
- Chelsea’s Pursuit of Tyler Adams can Bolstering the Squad for a Successful Season