Chelsea being unable to hand out renewals has sparked concern about those nearing the end of their deals, but with uncertainty surrounding the length of the ban, Daily Star Sport is looking at every player’s contract expiry
With Roman Abramovich having been sanctioned by the UK Government, Chelsea cannot currently hand out contract renewals.
There is immediate concern about those players who are nearing the expiry date of their current deals.
It’s been claimed the club can be sold if Abramovich can prove he will not benefit from doing so, but how long that could take remains unclear.
And while the sanctions are in place until May 31, 2022 for now, no one can be sure if those will be extended as Russia continue to invade Ukraine.
Therefore, there could be further ramifications on contracts at Stamford Bridge.
With that in mind, here’s every Chelsea player’s contract expiry date.
Expiring in 2022
Saul Niguez (End of loan)
Danny Drinkwater (Currently on loan at Reading)
Baba Rahman (Currently on loan at Reading)
Jake Clarke-Salter (Currently on loan at Coventry City)
Expiring in 2023
Billy Gilmour (Currently on loan at Norwich City)
Emerson Palmieri (Currently on loan at Lyon)
Matt Miazga (Currently on loan at Alaves)
Michy Batshuayi (Currently on loan at Besiktas)
Nathan Baxter (Currently on loan at Hull City)
Expiring in 2024
Ethan Ampadu (Currently on loan at Venezia)
Tiemoue Bakayoko (Currently on loan at AC Milan)
Expiring in 2025
Conor Gallagher (Currently on loan at Crystal Palace)
Expiring in 2026
Armando Broja (Currently on loan at Southampton)
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension