DONE DEAL: Ousmane Dembele Complete Chelsea Medical as Todd Boehly’s first signing from Barcelona since £4.25bn takeover
Chelsea ‘closing in on Ousmane Dembele transfer’ as Todd Boehly’s first signing from Barcelona since £4.25bn takeover
BARCELONA winger Ousmane Dembele is reportedly set to be the first signing of the Todd Boehly era at Chelsea.
The American has agreed a £4.25billion deal to purchase the West London outfit from Roman Abramovich.
The takeover will potentially be completed later on Monday following a club statement over the weekend.
And Boehly’s first piece of business as the Blues’ new owner could be to sanction the transfer of French forward Dembele.
Dembele, 25, is set to be available as a free agent after snubbing multiple contract offers from the Blaugrana.
Paris Saint-Germain have been linked with the 2018 World Cup winner as a possible replacement for Angel Di Maria.
Meanwhile Liverpool have emerged as a potential destination as they fear Sadio Mane could depart Anfield for Bayern Munich.
Chelsea are known to be long-term admirers of the former Rennes ace, with Thomas Tuchel keen for a reunion with the player at Stamford Bridge.
The duo worked together at Borussia Dortmund, with the German gaffer previously describing Dembele as one of the “craziest talents” he has ever seen.
And according to Mundo Deportivo, Chelsea are in pole position to snap up the two-time LaLiga winner on a free transfer.
They state that Dembele is on the verge of an agreement with Chelsea.
This has been backed up by 90min who have declared that the Blues are ‘quietly confident’ of securing his services.
Since joining Barca from BVB in 2017, Dembele has scored 32 goals in 150 games, with injuries stifling his progress in Catalonia.
He was limited to just 21 Spanish top-flight outings during the 2021-22 season due to knee and hamstring issues.
But he still managed to chip in with 13 assists – the most of any player in LaLiga
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’