DONE DEAL: Atletico Madrid have asked for £86m for Joao Felix whilst offering him to Chelsea.
Atletico Madrid have asked for £86m for Joao Felix whilst offering him to Chelsea.
The 21-year-old has emerged as one of the Blues’ primary targets for an early January move with fitness concerns surrounding both Wesley Fofana and Ben Chilwell.
The transfer has yet to be completed but Chelsea are immediately capitalising on the connections made by new technical director Laurence Stewart – who recently joined the club from Monaco.
Chelsea boss Graham Potter is keen to add another left-sided defender to his squad and wants the France international, who has just 18 months left to run on his current contract in the principality.
Chelsea want to be similarly swift and decisive after already closing two deals for Molde’s 19-year-old striker David Datro Fofana and Vasco da Gama’s 18-year-old midfielder Andrey Santos
It could take their spending to over £55million by early January with the club still ambitious to sign another forward after Armando Broja suffered a long-term knee injury in a recent friendly against Aston Villa.
Atletico Madrid have offered Joao Felix to Chelsea but they have also initially asked clubs for £86m for their wantaway forward
Chelsea also want to sign midfielders depending on the futures of N’Golo Kante and Jorginho, who will both see their deals expire in the summer. A right wing-back and a new goalkeeper are also on the agenda in the longer term
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’