Declan Rice vs N’Golo Kante: How duo
compare as Chelsea target West Ham
ace in transfer.. but may have to sell
CHELSEA may have to sell N’Golo Kante to make way for the big money signing of West Ham star Declan Rice.
Former Blues academy player Rice is said to prefer a move back to his boyhood club over Manchester City and Manchester United.
But West Ham boss David Moyes has warned the Premier League’s big hitters that it’ll cost them more than £100million to tempt the Hammers to sell their crown jewel.
And should Chelsea press ahead with a move for Rice, they may need to sacrifice two-time Premier League winner Kante.
The 30-year-old has had a trophy-laden spell since coming to England from France.
Kante won the World Cup in 2018, two Prem titles, an FA Cup, as well as a Europa League and Champions League title.
And despite Rice’s emergence as one of the Prem’s best midfielders, Kante is still regarded as one of the best in world football.
So how do the two midfield maestros compare to each other?
Chelsea ‘have to sell Kante to land Rice’ as they battle Man Utd in transfer
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
Well, since the start of last season, on average per 90 minutes Rice and Kante are tied in the goals department at 0.06.
However, Kante holds the edge on assists and chances created.
Kante also makes more passes per 90, 63.4 to Rice’s 50.9.
The tough-tackling Frenchman also averages more tackles, interceptions and dribbles completed.
Rice has the edge in the progressive carries department though.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension