Liverpool hosted Chelsea at Anfield on Saturday Afternoon, as they looked forward to bounce back to winning ways. Jurgeb Klopp started a relatively weak squad after making 5 changes that saw Gakpo, Salah and Elliott start in the attack will Mount, Havertz and Ziyech started in Chelsea attack. Chelsea thought they had scored in the 2nd minute through Kai Havertz but the goal was ruled offside by VAR. Liverpool youngster Stefan Bajcetic was shown a yellow card in the 34th minute as they were forced into a goalless draw at halftime.
Chelsea Started second half a little bit tensed but Liverpool were unable to score an opener despite dangerous counter attacks. Chelsea brought on new signing Mykhailo Mudryk in the 55th minute for Lewis Hall alongside Aubameyang and Cezar Azipilicueta whom impressed at Anfield but could not score the winner. Following the 0-0 draw; Liverpool overtook 9th placed Brentford & moved to position 8 in EPL table with 29 points while Chelsea are in position 10 with 29 points.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension