Chelsea now have a new trophy to add to their collection: the FIFA Club World Cup. They will return to the Premier League after a successful sojourn in Asia for the competition, seeking to continue their fine form when they travel to Selhurst Park to play Crystal Palace.
Palace are in 13th place with 26 points, while Chelsea are in third place with 47 points. Crystal Palace’s recent results have been uneven, with their single win in the last five games coming in the FA Cup against lower-tier team Hartlepool United. Crystal Palace have gone winless in their last five league games, losing twice and scoring in only one of them.
Chelsea have won each of their last eight encounters with Crystal Palace. Injuries and exhaustion may be major issues as they prepare for this game, but Chelsea has the ideal mix of players to handle such circumstances. They start the season 16 points behind league leaders Manchester City, so finishing second might be a realistic goal.
They haven’t had a very good run in the Premier League recently, winning just one of their last five games. Furthermore, they’ve only kept one clean sheet in their last five league games, with four of them yielding fewer than two goals despite failing to score in one of them.
Chelsea are coming off a successful tour to Asia, where they won the Club World Cup, and will be eager to get back into the league quickly. The Blues will be fatigued after competing in five separate competitions, and Crystal Palace will aim to take advantage of that. This match will be a draw.
KICKOFF TIME: Chelsea versus Crystal Palace match will go down on Saturday at 4PM Nigerian time.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension