Ousmane Dembele’s future could be resolved this week. Barcelona are pessimistic about their chances of getting the Frenchman to sign a new deal. The player’s camp are negotiating with other clubs, but Paris Saint-Germain appear to have dropped out of the race. The options Dembele has on the table now are Chelsea and Barça.
PSG have been in talks with Dembele’s camp for a long time but the dismissal of sporting director Leonardo froze negotiations. Leonardo was pushing for his signing. The French club have replaced him with Luis Campos and a debate has followed about the merits of Dembele. The owners in Qatar view him as an interesting option. but Campos prefers to save money and invest in other areas, like midfield.
Dembele hoped Kylian Mbappe’s desire to play with him would push him towards Paris, but it now looks like Chelsea will be his next move with a big offer on the table in London. The Premier League side have offered a four-year deal with a big signing on fee and bonus for the player and his agents.
Barça, meanwhile, have left their offer on the table and are waiting to see what the response is from Dembele, who has always maintained his priority is to remain at Camp Nou
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension