Chelsea consolidated their hold on third spot with a narrow win over London rivals, West Ham United.
Following their 4-2 defeat to Arsenal, Chelsea got back to winning ways this afternoon ahead of their crunch clash against Manchester United on Thursday.
With an eye on their Europa League semifinal tie against Frankfurt this week, Moyes tweaked his starting lineup in order to keep his most trusted players fresh.
Chelsea dominated from the onset but found it difficult to break down their opponent’s defence in the first half.
After the break, Thomas Tuchel brought in Lukaku and Pulisic, both of whom made significant impacts in the latter stages of the match.
Sent through on goal, Romelu Lukaku was wrestled down by Dawson who was given his marching orders for that challenge.
Jorginho stepped up to take the penalty which Lukaku won for Chelsea but unfortunately for the midfielder, he missed from the spot with 3 minutes remaining on the clock.
However, Christian Pulisic scored a stoppage time goal to rescue all 3 points for the Blues who will now need 8 points from their remaining 6 games to seal Champions League football for next term.
After the final whistle, Tuchel and Declan Rice were seen having a word together which sparked reactions from some Chelsea fans on Twitter.
The hashtag “Come To Chelsea” has been trending on Twitter thanks to the club’s fans who wants the West Ham skipper to move to Stamford Bridge.
But, if Chelsea are to sign him, they will have to part ways with over a hundred million Pounds.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension