UEFA Champions League round of 16 fixtures concluded yesterday with eight clubs advancing to the quarter-finals. On the other hand, the eight clubs that were eliminated will have to wait until next year to try out their luck again. Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Benfica, Chelsea, Villarreal, Real Madrid, and Manchester City are the eight clubs that managed to outdo their opponents in the Round of 16. All these clubs will know their opponents once the draw is conducted.
This season’s quarter-finals draw will begin at noon CET on Friday, March 18 at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland. At this level, all clubs are capable of playing against each other even if they came from the same football league.
Chelsea’s chances of playing rivals from the English Premier League is one. This is because only Manchester City and Liverpool qualified for the quarter-finals. Manchester United got eliminated from the tournament on Tuesday night by Atletico Madrid.
Manchester City and Liverpool are the only clubs from the Premier League that Chelsea can face. The Blues also has a chance of facing Real Madrid, Villarreal, Bayern Munich, or Benfica
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension