Chelsea target Christopher Nkunku is set to sign a new deal at Leipzig and extend his stay with the German team despite interest from the Premier League in his services.
Thomas Tuchel’s Blues and Manchester United have been tipped to be keeping close tabs on Nkunku’s past situation in the Lepzig camp which have now gained major ground in tying down their star to a new deal.
According to a report from Leipziger Volkszeitung ( via ,, Chelsea could be forced to turn to alternative names in the transfer market this summer after an imminent setback in their hope for luring Nkunku to the English capital.
The west Londoners have been on the lookout for much-needed reinforcements in the attacking third with the likes of Romelu Lukaku and Christian Pulisic expected to be deemed surplus to requirements by Tuchel after the duo’s misfiring run of showings.
Lukaku could be on his way to San Siro, a return just a summer into big-money move to Chelsea from the Inter Milan fold, with the Serie A giants keen on re-siging the Belgian forward in a loan agreement.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension