Chelsea will have to wait until July for Dembele deal
Barcelona wing Ousmane Dembele will be on his way this summer.
His contract expires at the end of this month, and it would appear that the club has stopped all negotiations with him after he gave up on tying him to a new deal.
This is where Chelsea come in.
They want to add a bit of offensive flair, and while his contract would make the eye water, they at least miss the transfer fee.
SportWitness has translated allegations from
Spain that the Catalan club will not make a move to replace him until the end of his month, when his wages are not on the books.
That means Chelsea have been locked in a waiting game until then, hoping they will still be Dembele’s favorite option when he’s a free agent.
This gives them time to arrange sales for some of their unwanted players in his position – Timo Werner, Hakim Ziyech and Christian Pulisic could all be on the cutting edge.
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’