Christopher Nkunku’s fine displays and impressive statistics for RB Leipzig in the recently concluded campaign has attracted attention from clubs across Europe, including Chelsea after he managed 35 goals and 20 assists in all competitions.
Earlier this month, we covered a claim from Germany the west London club are keen on the forward.
On Thursday, Sky Deutschland journalist Florian Plettenberg reported Manchester United could make an offer for the 24-year-old, but the Red Devils are not alone as Chelsea are also in mix.
That’s according to a latest report from Sky Deutschland, who explain the Blues ‘want to sign’ the France international this summer, and it’s claimed the FA Cup finalist’s manager, Thomas Tuchel, is also on the former Paris Saint-Germain man.
His deal with the Bundesliga side runs down in 2024 and it does not include any release clause.
Therefore, a potential transfer ‘will be tough’, especially since Leipzig ‘do not want to let Nkunku go under any circumstances this summer’.
Sky further adds the German club want to extend their star’s contract.
However, Nkunku ‘hesitates’ because he is aware of the interest he has from several ‘top clubs’, with Chelsea seemingly among them
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension