Today’s penultimate Premier League game of Chelsea’s season could see Thomas Tuchel face Leicester without Andreas Christensen after his withdrawal from playing in the FA Cup final.
A meeting with Leicester provides a real chance for the Blues to give their supporters something to shout about after seeing their side once again fall to defeat against Liverpool in a domestic cup final.
Soon-to-be out-of-contract defender Christensen, though, may not get a chance to bid farewell.
Expected to join Barcelona on a free transfer this summer, Tuchel admitted it was unlikely the Dane would play for the club again after pulling out of the Wembley defeat to Liverpool.
Elsewhere, there are doubts about Kai Havertz’s fitness after his hamstring problem, while the same issue rules Timo Werner out. Mateo Kovacic, meanwhile, is unlikely to play due to his ankle problem.
Chelsea: Mendy; Chalobah, Thiago Silva, Rudiger; James, Jorginho, Kante, Alonso; Ziyech, Lukaku, Pulisic
Leicester: Schmeichel, Castagne, Amartey, Evans, Fofana, Thomas; Dewsbury-Hall, Mendy, Maddison; Iheanacho, Vardy
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension