Chelsea are reportedly set to engage in a bidding war for a new centre-back this summer.
We are all fully aware now of the situation at the club, with two defenders having already left, and possibly two more joining them before the summer is out.
So, this means that Thomas Tuchel and Chelsea’s new owners will need to work on getting replacements in this summer.
We’ve heard a lot of names mentioned as potential targets, some more than others. But one name we have heard about, but perhaps maybe not as much as many others, is Torino defender Gleison Bremer.
The 25-year-old Brazilian though, has become a very sought-after player this summer. If Chelsea want him, they are going to have to fight, and that is what they will be doing, according to a report from La Stampa today, as cited by WAGNH.
They claim that Chelsea and Spurs are ready to kick off the bidding war for his signature, with a transfer fee in the region of €40m expected to be enough to get a deal done.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension