Chelsea to Complete Double Signing as Star Play Fly to London to Complete Chelsea Medical
Chelsea interest in Sevilla’s Jules Koundé and RB Leipzig forward Christopher Nkunku is discussed in today’s edition of L’Equipe.
France face Denmark, Croatia and Austria in the UEFA Nations League in June and Didier Deschamps has included the duo in his squad.
The defender was already wanted by Chelsea last summer, but a deal couldn’t be carried out after they failed to find an agreement with the La Liga side.
L’Equipe claim Julen Lopetegui’s man is ‘still popular in England’, where the Blues are in the picture to sign him.
Chelsea will be parting ways with Antonio Rüdiger and Andreas Christensen, and it will be necessary for them to bolster their centre-back position. This is where the Sevilla star comes into the picture.
The ex-Bordeaux man is followed by Barcelona but is ‘very tempted’ to move to Stamford Bridge. This transfer could see Koundé meet his compatriot, N’Golo Kanté, who has 12 months left on his contract.
Chelsea have been ‘negotiating for several months’ over an extension for the midfielder, described as ‘key player’ by Thomas Tuchel.
L’Equipe also mention Nkunku, who finished the 2021/22 season with 35 goals and 20 assists in all competitions. He is ‘at a turning point’ of his career and would like to try a new experience away from Germany.
However, Leipzig have ‘absolutely no intention’ of giving up their star and have made it clear to his representatives. He is appreciated in England, where Newcastle United’s project doesn’t appeal to the attacker.
Chelsea, on the other hand, have been interested in Nkunku for several months. L’Equipe add the Blues ‘could be the first club to make an offer’ for him, with the suggestion that could happen soon.
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’