Ousmane Dembele is reportedly ‘close’ to agreeing a move to Chelsea which would be the first signing of the Todd Boehly era.
The winger’s contract at Barcelona will expire in the coming weeks with the Frenchman set to leave as a free agent. Paris Saint-Germain were strongly linked with a move in January, but the Blues are also interested in bringing him to the Premier League.
Thomas Tuchel could reunite with the former Borussia Dortmund man now that the club’s ownership saga is finally settled as Boehly is set to take the reins at Stamford Bridge on Monday. And Dembele is reportedly on the verge of reaching an agreement with Chelsea, according to Mundo Deportivo.
This has been backed up by 90min who claim that Tuchel’s men are quietly confident of striking a deal to take him to Stamford Bridge. Barcelona still retain a slim hope of Dembele agreeing a new deal at the Nou Camp but they are not confident he will put pen to paper.
football London also reports that if Dembele was to make the switch to Chelsea, then one of Christian Pulisic, Hakim Ziyech, Callum Hudson-Odoi or Timo Werner would have to make way, as a result. Dembele’s agent, Moussa Sissoko, has revealed that his client is still weighing up his options.
He said: “Ousmane’s future remains open. We are and have always been very respectful to all clubs and this will continue to be the case while the process is ongoing. When it is the right time to make a decision, Ousmane will consider the best option for his future.”
- Chelsea’s next 5 EPL matches including a home match against Arsenal
- CHE 0-1 NOF: Caicedo’s Performance In Today’s Game Showed Why Chelsea Were Wrong To Sign Him
- Crucial Talks: Juventus Demands €40m for Vlahović in Lukaku Swap, Chelsea’s Decision Lies with Pochettino
- Chelsea’s Transfer Pursuit Intensifies: Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Emerges as Prime Winger Target
- Chelsea’s Pursuit of Tyler Adams can Bolstering the Squad for a Successful Season