Chelsea were pretty close to signing Arsen Zakharyan from Dynamo Moscow in the summer, but the move fell through.
But that might not be the end of the road for this deal and for Zakharyan’s desire to play for Chelsea, because according to The Athletic, Chelsea still have an option to finalise a £12.6m deal to sign the young midfielder.
🚨 Chelsea still have an option to finalise Arsen Zakharyan’s £12.6million switch from Dynamo Moscow, having agreed terms in the summer.
That transfer is complicated due to sanctions imposed by FIFA and UEFA preventing Russian players joining other clubs.#CFC
— Chelsea Dodgers 🧢 (@TheBlueDodger) December 26, 2022
This is because they already agreed terms with the player and everything was already set to go through. The transfer is complicated though due to sanctions imposed by FIFA and UEFA preventing Russian players joining other clubs, according to the same report.
Chelsea are looking at a host of top young talents to come in, and the Russian has seemingly been seen a one of the priorities.
It’s unclear as of now whether Chelsea will be able to get this deal done and over the line in January, or whether they will have to wait until the summer, if at all
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension