Chelsea ‘still have an option to finalise’ deal to sign Arsen Zakharyan
Chelsea were pretty close to signing Arsen Zakharyan from Dynamo Moscow in the summer, but the move fell through.
But that might not be the end of the road for this deal and for Zakharyan’s desire to play for Chelsea, because according to The Athletic, Chelsea still have an option to finalise a £12.6m deal to sign the young midfielder.
🚨 Chelsea still have an option to finalise Arsen Zakharyan’s £12.6million switch from Dynamo Moscow, having agreed terms in the summer.
That transfer is complicated due to sanctions imposed by FIFA and UEFA preventing Russian players joining other clubs.#CFC
— Chelsea Dodgers 🧢 (@TheBlueDodger) December 26, 2022
This is because they already agreed terms with the player and everything was already set to go through. The transfer is complicated though due to sanctions imposed by FIFA and UEFA preventing Russian players joining other clubs, according to the same report.
Chelsea are looking at a host of top young talents to come in, and the Russian has seemingly been seen a one of the priorities.
It’s unclear as of now whether Chelsea will be able to get this deal done and over the line in January, or whether they will have to wait until the summer, if at all
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’