Unlike before when forward players are heavily depended upon to score goals, midfielders’ roles are now more advanced, they are now found to be involved more in goals for their clubs, and their activities not restricted mainly to providing assists only, they are now found eager to be on the score sheets for their teams.
However, looking at the statistics so far this season for midfielders in the English Premier League in terms of their goal contribution for their sides, the Chelsea midfielder, Mason Mount is currently leading as the only midfielder with the most Goals Contributions (18) in the English league, with 10 Goals already scored by English international, while he has also provided 8 Assists.
This rates him ahead of the likes of Kevin DeBruyne (14), Bukayo Saka (14), Raphinha (13), Bruno Fernandes (15), James Maddison (13) etc. who have also been known as prolific goalscorers and assist providers for their teams.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension