Chelsea set to finalise £45million deal for Man City star Raheem Sterling
Chelsea expect to complete a £45million deal for Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling this week, with the England international set to sign a four-year deal at Stamford Bridge.
The former Liverpool star has decided to leave the Etihad rather than renewing his contract, which has just 12 months to run in the north-west.Pep Guardiola is keen to keep Sterling but he’s failed to give the forward the assurances that he was seeking over playing time, with Sterling feeling he had little choice but to seek an exit.
Thomas Tuchel is keen to transform his frontline after the departure of Romelu Lukaku to Inter Milan and he is hopeful of signing Raphinha from Leeds United, though Chelsea face competition from Barcelona.
But Sterling would be an all-together bigger coup and the Mail say Chelsea are closing in on a £45m deal for the forward.
Chelsea co-owner Todd Boehly is keen to kick off a new era at the club with a number of statement signings and he could continue negottiations with City for former Blues defender Nathan Ake.
Guardiola is open to allowing the Dutchman to return to Stamford Bridge but City want to recoup the £40m they paid for him two years ago.Ake would be the first of a number of defensive arrivals as the Blues remain keen on Sevilla ace Jules Kounde.
Tuchel needs to replace Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger following their exits, while Thiago Silva is entering the final year of his deal.
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’