Chelsea expect to complete a £45million deal for Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling this week, with the England international set to sign a four-year deal at Stamford Bridge.
The former Liverpool star has decided to leave the Etihad rather than renewing his contract, which has just 12 months to run in the north-west.Pep Guardiola is keen to keep Sterling but he’s failed to give the forward the assurances that he was seeking over playing time, with Sterling feeling he had little choice but to seek an exit.
Thomas Tuchel is keen to transform his frontline after the departure of Romelu Lukaku to Inter Milan and he is hopeful of signing Raphinha from Leeds United, though Chelsea face competition from Barcelona.
But Sterling would be an all-together bigger coup and the Mail say Chelsea are closing in on a £45m deal for the forward.
Chelsea co-owner Todd Boehly is keen to kick off a new era at the club with a number of statement signings and he could continue negottiations with City for former Blues defender Nathan Ake.
Guardiola is open to allowing the Dutchman to return to Stamford Bridge but City want to recoup the £40m they paid for him two years ago.Ake would be the first of a number of defensive arrivals as the Blues remain keen on Sevilla ace Jules Kounde.
Tuchel needs to replace Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger following their exits, while Thiago Silva is entering the final year of his deal.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension