Chelsea are on the verge of signing Raheem Sterling after agreeing a total fee of £47.5 million with Manchester City, according to reports.
The 27-year-old is closing in on a move to Stamford Bridge after finalising personal terms with the Blues which is set to see him earn in excess of £300,000-a-week, which makes him the highest paid player in the current Blues squad.
The former Manchester City star has put pen to paper on a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge, seeing him team up with national team collegues Mason Mount, Reece James and Ben Chilwell.
His contract will have an option for a further 12 months at the end of the deal, as reported by David Ornstein of the Athletic. Conversations with head coach Thomas Tuchel were said to be positive after the ambitions for Sterling were laid out, and the German informed Sterling of his plans for the winger.
Ornstein continues to reveal that Sterling was left impressed following conversations with Tuchel as he looks set to make the move to Stamford Bridge, pending a medical.
The Blues have already jetted off on their pre-season tour of America, departing on Saturday as Sterling will now likely join his new teammates before they face Club America in Las Vegas next Sunday. Kai Havertz and Timo Werner are options to play in the centre-forward position, to play alongside Sterling as Mason Mount looks set for another key role in the side next term, joined by his national teammate.
Chelsea are thought to also be interested in bringing Nathan Ake to the club from Man City, with talks set to continue over the Dutch international.
The signing of Sterling is set to be the first under the Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital era at Stamford Bridge, with the incomings only just getting started.
- Chelsea’s next 5 EPL matches including a home match against Arsenal
- CHE 0-1 NOF: Caicedo’s Performance In Today’s Game Showed Why Chelsea Were Wrong To Sign Him
- Crucial Talks: Juventus Demands €40m for Vlahović in Lukaku Swap, Chelsea’s Decision Lies with Pochettino
- Chelsea’s Transfer Pursuit Intensifies: Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Emerges as Prime Winger Target
- Chelsea’s Pursuit of Tyler Adams can Bolstering the Squad for a Successful Season