Chelsea sale news: Mega-rich Billionaire announces he is in talks to wrap up deal
A Turkish businessman claims he has submitted an offer for Chelsea as A Swiss-American consortium is preparing to make a bid to buy the Premier League outfit from Roman Abramovic this weekend.
Abramovic has been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons over the past few days and has been forced to put Chelsea up for sale after Russia decided to invade Ukraine, believing that they are not a real country.
The mega-rich Russian has put the club on the market for a value of £3 billion, and there has been alot of speculation in the media about who will buy the club, but it seems that a buyer has been found
Turkish billionaire Muhsin Bayrak says he is trying to buy Chelsea and although his spokesperson has admitted he has made a bid, his claims are being viewed with some scepticism.
Bayrak is quoted in Turkish newspaper Yeni Safak as saying: “We are discussing the terms of Chelsea’s purchase with Roman Abramovich’s lawyers. We are in the negotiation phase. We will fly the Turkish flag in London soon.”
A spokesperson for Bayrak has told us: “First of all yes the news is true. We submitted our offer.”
Look, Chelsea are one of the biggest clubs in the game right now, so anybody that buys the club will be getting a side that rakes in tons of money and wins trophies on a regular basis.
Chelsea fans have thanks Abramovic for all that he has done for the club, but the time was right to sell the Blues and it will not be interesting to see just who buys the club, and what happens when that new owner takes charge.
Will he spend lots of money, will there new manager appointed? some big questions that will need to be answered.
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’