Chelsea Reach Verbal Agreement for Double Signing of Ousmane Dembele and Jules Kounde
Chelsea sets to complete deal for Barcelona star
This summer, Chelsea are said to be the most likely destination for Barcelona contract rebel Ousmane Dembele.
According to the print edition of Sport, as translated by Sport Witness, the France international is about to become a free agent, and it appears his old manager Thomas Tuchel is now playing a key role in luring him to Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea fans will be hoping that these latest transfer rumours are true, as Dembele could be a great free agent signing.
Even if things haven’t quite worked out for Dembele at Barcelona, he remains a superb natural talent who could rediscover his best form with the right manager and system.
Sevilla are currently demanding for £55million for Jules Kounde
Chelsea’s pursuit of Sevilla defender Jules Kounde continues this transfer window, and the Spanish club will not sell him for less than €65 million (£55.6 million).
The Blues have been interested in the 23-year-old for over a year, making an unsuccessful bid for his services last summer.
Chelsea are in desperate need of reinforcements at centre-back following the summer departures of Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen, and Kounde remains their top target.
They will almost certainly get their man, but Sevilla will not be coerced into selling him cheaply, with Spanish publication Marca reporting that they will not lower their valuation below €65 (£55.6m).
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’